There is something about these long days of summer that has me yearning for making the most of every minute. Especially considering many of our summer plans have us at home a lot more than usual, these days can seem extra long. I mentioned in a previous post that my overall summer goal is to savor the days of summer, but that can be so vague, it is seemingly impossible to reach. In an effort to make the most of these days and to cherish this fleeting season, I curated a list of activities that scream “summer” to me. Some are as simple as eating fresh summer berries to ones that require a little more (but still attainable!) planning. And perhaps, most importantly, all of these activities are compatible with safe social distancing. It will be a summer to remember for sure, but even more so with a little old-fashion summer fun!
- Have an outdoor movie night
- Go swimming
- Make homemade popsicles
- Hang dart board in garage
- Host a cookout
- Take a weekend getaway with friends to the lake
- Eat fresh watermelon
- Go on a scavenger hunt and photograph each stop
- Escape to the beach for the day
- Sip on a tropical drink in the pool
- Make lemonade
- Watch the sunset (or rise!)
- Hang string lights on the patio
- Venmo a friend an Iced Coffee
- Eat s’mores often
- Have a campfire
- Go on a bike ride
- Test out our sea legs by attempting to paddleboard
- Visit a National Park
- Go for ice cream
- Get lost in a beach read
- Spend an evening staring at the stars
- Have a backyard summer picnic
- Build a privacy wall for our patio
4 thoughts on “Summer Bucket List”
Interesting….alot people in my area having visiting different parks. I am a big reader…a beach read sounds good.
A stroll in a new park is always a welcomed activity!
Sip a cup of tea on the back porch, listen to the gurgling fountain and watch the hummingbirds dart to and from the feeders.
A lot to do before summer is over, I hope you accomplish them all.