Whew! I don’t know about y’all, but October flew by for us. The first half of the month seems to run together with September as we were still experiencing days in the 80’s (?!) for most of the month. Then winter suddenly hit with overnight lows in the 30’s. I’m not sure I even knew it was October for most of the month.
For as fast as that month flew by, we weren’t as busy in our social lives as we typically are. Jody has spent the past few weeks cramming for the end of semester projects between times he is at his internship, so most of his free time is spent in our office at home. I was plenty busy with work all month so when it came to the weekends, all I wanted to do was rest! We did manage to get away twice this month — first, to New York again to visit with friends that we met in Italy and second back to our Alma Mater for Homecoming festivities.
However, Jody and I did find time to celebrate the season by doing one fall-themed activity each week. Most involved pumpkin related treats (pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies are a fall tradition!), but we also spent a nice, crisp day walking through St. Michaels just as the leaves were starting to turn, we spent a Sunday afternoon apple picking and then we finally found time to pick up pumpkins and mums for our front steps!
November will be even more filled with school work for Jody, but we are hoping to still find time for a few more walks before it gets too cold. We are looking forward to hosting some friends for our Flannel Party next week and spending almost five days in Virginia to celebrate Thanksgiving with Jody’s family! I’m starting this month with a full and grateful heart as we look forward to the next few weeks.
- Complete our Couples Goal Guide with Jody
Participate in Tone It Up’s 31 Day Fall Challenge Send happy mail to someone 🙂 and share the joy of a new baby with one of my best friends
- Finish A Simplified Life (and complete Emily’s tips and tricks!) and read Behind Closed Doors
Decide on winter travel plans with Jody and start saving Start planning for holiday shopping by creating a budget and gift list Do one “fall themed” activity a week Set aside scheduled time to work on Blissful Moments
- Keep a gratitude journal of something I’m thankful each day between now and Thanksgiving
- Love Jody well through the last month of his stressful and busy semester
- Order Christmas cards
- Find more ways to be active during the changing weather
- Host our friends well during our upcoming fall get together
- Be present during holiday gatherings with my in-laws
- Turn off the TV and spend more time reading
- Complete a devotion series on gratitude to prepare my heart for the upcoming season