One of my favorite quotes about fall is “And all at once, summer collapsed into fall,” by Oscar Wilde. There is something so peaceful, yet wildly vivid about this sentiment. Reading that quote always feels like I’m taking a deep breath for the first time after a marathon, and I can envision myself collapsing with a sign into an adirondack chair next to a fire. The air is crisp, the ground is dewy, but there is warmth that fills my soul. The busyness seems to fade and the world seems to rediscover the beautiful in ordinary things. And that, friends, is the beauty of October.
Aside from September feeling like it was one hundred weeks long, I am overjoyed for the start of October. We have some exciting plans this month – including a camping trip and a weekend in Pittsburgh – but I’m also looking forward to spending most of the month watching movies on our patio, dining al fresco and relaxing next to our fire pit.
Complete a Bible Study rooted in Prayer (If you have any suggestions, I’d love to hear!) Explore new hobbies with JBC.We didn’t necessarily do anything new, but enjoyed the hobbies we attempted again!
- Start taking strengthening classes again – Either Tone It Up or try Obé. Giant fail, however, I did restart my membership at the gym so it counts!
- Complete two prompts a week in Wedding Memories journal.
Book our fall camping trip. Visit our dear friends in Colorado! Add final touches to bedroom and create plan for house projects for the remainder of the year.
- Take one action a week in support of blog growth and outreach.
- Read “Present Over Perfect”.
- Spend time with JBC working through our Couples Activity Book.
- Complete four core-focused workouts.
- Schedule plan and deadlines for complete next photo album.
- Enjoy the changing weather by dining al freso, bonfires and coffee & cocktails on the porch.
- [Keeping this one hidden this month] 🙂
- Create Dining Room inspiration board and purchase two new light fixtures for our downstairs.
- Curate a strategic plan for blog’s future. Friends, I’d love to hear what you’d like to see more of! Please share with me in the comments or send me a message!