I celebrated my 28th birthday yesterday! While I’m not there yet, I know I’m inching closer to my thirties. That fact doesn’t necessarily bother me because I love birthdays (if there is anything to know about me, it is that I’m always down for a celebration!), and I like how I feel like I learn a little bit more about myself with each year that passes.
With just 24 months to go, I thought it would be fun to create a list of things I would love to do before my twenties come to an end. Some things are fun and light-hearted, some are lifelong dreams, and admittedly, some are lofty travel goals. I am eager to see how many I can accomplish over the next two years – I won’t have to wait too long to check a couple off the list, thanks to my birthday gift (#16) and our upcoming surprise vacation (#12)!
- Start a supper club
- Create an heirloom worthy wedding album
- Go back to Europe
- Discover my career calling
- Book a staycation
- Learn to garden
- Have a baby
- Go for high tea
- Get caught up on my scrapbooks
- Attend a bonfire on the beach
- Start horseback riding again
- Go to the airport with no idea of where I’m going
- Attend a performance of the Nutcracker Ballet
- Get my wedding dress preserved
- Continue blogging and find my niche
- Book an appointment for a facial
- Grow my instagram and blog by three times
- Plan a girls trip
- Make pasta from scratch
- Attend a Steelers football game in Pittsburgh
- Have professional pictures taken with my husband again
- Visit wine country
- Be a guest speaker
- Do something will all of my college t-shirts
- Travel with my in-laws
- Purchase a cabinet to store my china and holiday dishes in.
- Do something outside of my comfort zone
- Finishing designing and decorating our house
- Host a summer soirée
- Celebrate 30 with a photo shoot
3 thoughts on “30 Before 30”
I never thought to write a 30 before 30 list! I’m also getting close to 30 and I want to do a few things before then. Thanks for the inspo!
Erika Marie | https://imerikamarie.com
As a 30-something, I remember when my 30th birthday was approaching. It was such a landmark time for me…something like a coming of age. I decided to dedicate a special series in my blog, chronicling the story of 24 special people (my birthday is on the 24th day of my birth month). I called it “The 24 to 30”. As popular and well-received as that series was, in hindsight I think I should’ve gone the route you’re taking…with a bucket list of things to do before I turned 30. Anyway, good luck with your list. I’ll definitely help out with #17 by following and if you ever want to try out #23, my Toastmasters group would love to have you stop by as a guest speaker.
I love that idea, Juan. Thank you!