It’s spooky season! I’ll admit, Halloween doesn’t rank as my favorite holiday, but thanks to my husband’s love of horror movies, I do have a new appreciation for all things spooky! And, of course, if you’ve been following me for a while, you know that I am not one to pass up an opportunity to celebrate.
Today I rounded up a few must-haves for your celebration. The best part of Halloween this year is that it actually falls on a Saturday and a Full Moon, so there truly is no excuse not to celebrate! However you choose to partake in festivities – whether adding a few simple decorations to your home or throwing an all-out haunted bash – there is something on this list for you!
- Paper Straws: I have a serious love affair with paper straws and this set is no different. I love the mix of prints on these – pumpkins, polka dots and skull and cross bones – they have a little something for everyone’s Halloween taste.
- Posable Skeleton: I don’t know if you’ve seen the pictures floating around of these posable skeletons but they are killing me (pun not intended, but very much welcomed!). It cracks me up looking at the different ways people are styling these skeletons doing basic household tasks. For some inspiration (or giggles), look here, here and here.
- Bats Party Decorations: This small addition to your decor is actual Halloween goals (ghoals – ha!). I’ve seen these bats hung across front doors, mirrors, or fireplaces. They are super cute and a great minimalist addition to the simplest of Halloween decor.
- Boo Hanging Sign: My go-to easy styling tip is to add decorative signs to any space. I like the variety of patterns on this “Boo” sign, and of course, the bow is just darling!
- Trick or Treat Metal Sign: I’m very into these reversible metal signs right now. I’m envision this sign in my own house either in the kitchen or on our bar cart!
- Skull Statue: I’m not sure if anything says “Halloween” more than a skull. Also a great little detail to add to any Halloween style, this skull is great to showcase by itself, or with a collection of other skulls and bones!
- Halloween Character Doormat: This doormat is great for those who want to decorate without all of the scary. These traditional Halloween character heads are so cute on this coir doormat! A perfect way to welcome littler trick-or-treaters!
- Hocus Pocus Graphic Tee: “It’s just a bunch of Hocus Pocus.” – Oh Max, if you only knew what you started! If you are a fan of the 90’s children’s film, Hocus Pocus, like I am then this graphic tee is for you! It even comes in several different prints celebrating the Sanderson Sisters.
- Halloween Garden Flag: Welcome guests and trick-or-treaters alike to your home with this spooky garden flag. Ghosts, pumpkins and black cats – what more could you need?!
- 7-Quart Crockpot Slow Cooker: Our Halloween tradition is to make a pot of chili to eat while watching a scary movie after all of the trick-or-treating festivities are done. I couldn’t do it without my beloved crockpot and I love how this one has a timer and is big enough for a big batch!
- Mercury Lighted Pumpkin: For the anti-Halloween decorators, this lighted pumpkin would be festive to display all season long! The mercury glass adds a touch of elegance and would be cute indoors or outdoors.
- Black and Orange Pom Pom Garland: Add a pop of color to your decor with this simple pom pom garland. It’s vintage feel is the ideal decoration for any decor style!
- Skull Cakelet Pan: This Skull is so cute for Halloween baking. I think I’d use it as a mold for beer bread to go with our chili, but the possibilities are endless!
If you are in a rut for celebrating the holiday this year, I hope this gives you a little inspiration! All of these items are available on Amazon, so they can ship before festivities get underway next week.
What are your must-haves for your Halloween celebration? Is there a piece of decor, food or apparel that you can’t go with out? I’d love to hear – let me know in the comments below!