October always seems like such an “in-between” month for me. The weather isn’t quite cold enough to feel like fall (ahem, 80 degrees last weekend), and it is almost, but not quite yet the seasons of thanks and giving. Apparently, the “in-between” feeling spread to my goals list too, considering I didn’t not check off nearly as many goals as I was anticipating I would. Some months are just like that.
Even so, that doesn’t mean that I didn’t spend my time intentionally this past month. We spent a weekend in Pittsburgh celebrating my cousin’s wedding (yes, third of my cousins to get married this year!), spent last weekend in Richmond for Homecoming, and still found time to explore places closer to home. And with it being almost a month since beginning my new job, Jody and I have been able to find a little more time to spend together. All-in-all, October was still a pretty great month.
Nonetheless, I am thrilled that November is here! Besides the holiday season being just out of reach, November is the month where the temperature finally cools down, oversized sweaters are mandatory, and life slows down just for a few weeks before the hustle and bustle of the end of the year. I’m looking forward to spending this month intentionally, so that when December comes around, I can indulge in all of what the holiday season has to offer.
- Be more consistent with Writing the Word
- Find something new to take a picture of every day
Complete this 30 day marriage challengeWhile I may not have followed this challenge in a specific order, having the challenge calendar out for me to see was a constant reminder to be attentive to my hubby’s needs and to make him feel appreciated. Explore a near to us place that we’ve never been
- Participate in two workout classes Not confident I ever made it to the gym this month. *facepalm*
Settle into my new job gracefully Get outside more (before it is too cold!)
- Hang pictures in our home
- Keep a list of what I am grateful for each day this month
- Go to church, either a new to us one or one we’ve attended before
- Pray over our Operation Christmas Child shoebox and send it off (you can learn more about this mission project here!)
- Get all of my Christmas shopping done
- Host friends for our Housewarming Party
- Get back to the gym at least once a week (baby steps, y’all!)