Cheers to Friday! I don’t know about you, but this week has felt like the longest ever. I think it might have had a little to do with my anticipation about heading back down to Richmond for the first time in forever. I can’t believe that I haven’t been down there just to go since New Years. I’m looking forward to a weekend of indulging in some of our favorite local spots, which you will hear more about soon!
To kickoff the weekend, I thought that I would share some of my favorite things that I have been obsession over lately. Since this blog is designed to focus on the most blissful moments in everyday life, I figured showing off what has been putting a little skip in my step might be something that you’d enjoy as well!
1) Favorite Dish: Everyone who knows me knows that quiche is one of my favorite meals. I used to have my mom make it for my birthday each year, and even had a variety of quiches at my bridal shower! So when I found this crustless zucchini and corn summer quiche, I just had to try it. It is so light so it doesn’t leave you feeling sluggish on hot and humid summer days. It is filled with everyone’s favorite summer veggie that is ever so plentiful this time of year. It’s also easy to make too! I’ve already made it twice this month.
2) Favorite Drink: Last weekend, Jody and I went visit Nassau Valley Vineyards with a couple of people. I never have tasted their wine before, and I was please with the tasting that I chose. I ended up buy a bottle of their Chardonnay (Dry) because I loved how different it was from your typical Chardonnay! I kept saying it tasted like flowers (those of you who have experience Lavender flavored ice cream in Nice know what I’m talking about!), and it was so crisp and light that I could picture myself having a glass on a warm summer evening.
3) Favorite Quote: When I first saw this quote, it really made me sit a minute. I’ve never thought about why we laugh, or the science behind it, but I just love this thought! It makes me smile whenever I read it.
4) Favorite Flowers: Okay, I understand I’m a bit partial here but I cannot get enough of our wedding flowers! I remember feeling a pang of sadness when I left my bouquet in the car when we left for Jamaica. I knew when we got back it wouldn’t be the same beautiful, soft, full arrangement that I left. However, it dried perfectly (thanks Mom!) and makes a beautiful centerpiece on our table for the time being.
5) Favorite Song: Bits and pieces of this song have been stuck in my head for a consecutive two weeks, but it wasn’t until I realized it plays every morning on my way to work that I decided that I liked it! Kenny Chesney’s latest single, All the Pretty Girls, landed an even softer spot in my country-loving heart, when I found out that the video that won his Music Video Directing contest filmed their video in Richmond! If you look close enough you can see Belle Isle. 🙂