When I was at the store earlier this week, a few fellow shoppers asked who was getting married, based on the items in my cart. After I said that I was, they asked when the big day is and I tried my best to keep my cool when I said “Next weekend”, because in actuality, I was somewhere in between “Oh. My. God.” and “Fiiiinnnnallly”! But later that night, I was carrying boxes into our new apartment with Jody, which is now furnished (yay!), I remembered that in just a few short days, my best friend for the past four years will become my husband and we will embark on a lifetime of adventures. As much as I have loved planning our wedding, it has been easy to lose focus on the days the will come after our magical day, especially in these last few days. My hope that the next nine days are full of laughter, joy and excitement for our beginning of forever.
Completed In the Past Two and Half Weeks:
- Finalized all music
- Got our marriage license
- Celebrated at my Bachelorette Party
- Crafted wedding day details
- Finalized menu with caterer
- Find table runners
- Purchased wedding gifts for bridal party, parents, and each other
- Completed our final pre-marital counseling session
- Attended second dress fitting
- Ordered day-of accessories
- Collected family pictures
- Sent Rehearsal Dinner invitations
On the List for the Next Ten Days:
- Make wedding favors
- Write Thank You’s for wedding gifts we’ve already received
- Finish all decor signage
- Wrap gifts
- Finalize and practice vows
- Confirm our weekend timeline and send it to all relevant parties
- Finalize and pack all attire and details
- Assemble our seating chart
- Write letters to each other
- Print ceremony programs
- Pack for honeymoon!
- Go to our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner!!
- Get married!!!