I can’t believe that Jody and I have been engaged for a whole six months already! While it sometimes feels like I still have a million things to do, I know that I’ve made a lot of big decisions already! Here is a quick update of all of the fun things that we have accomplished so far:
July 2016 (11 months to go):
- Began gathering ideas and parts of our story we want to incorporate in the details
- Booked our officiant! This was actually the first wedding related decision we made. We asked my uncle, an ordained pastor in the Methodist church, if he would officiate our ceremony, when Jody met him for the first time on vacation!
- Visited four venues and booked reception venue
- Set our wedding date!
August 2016 (10 months to go):
- Asked our gals and gents to be a part of our wedding party!
- Booked our ceremony venue
September 2016 (9 months to go):
- Took our engagement pictures in Richmond, VA
- I said YES to my dress!
- Attended my first bridal show
October 2016 (8 months to go):
- Booked our photographer
- Met with caterers
- Started our wedding registry
- Tried on wedding bands
November 2016 (7 months to go):
- Hosted a mini Bridesmaid brunch
- Went bridesmaids dress shopping with all my girls (More to come on this)
- Booked our caterer!
- Met with a DJ
December 2016 (6 months to go):
- Booked our DJ
- Ordered our save the dates
- Bought my veil and went MOB dress shopping
- Celebrated our first engaged Christmas!
The past six months has flown by! I’m trying to cherish every second of the rest of our engagement, but I cannot wait to begin married life with Jody!